DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Pooch Bandana via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Pooch Bandana, we or us – Pooch Bandana, 41 Heol Bevan, Bridgend, CF35 6JT;
UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Pooch Bandana and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Pooch Bandana and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – the website that you are currently using, www.poochbandana.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "Including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Pooch Bandana is the "data controller". This means that Pooch Bandana determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, or any other details which enable us to establish a payment gateway, e.g. PayPal details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”;
b. Certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”
c. “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
d. “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps;
e. “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site;
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. Data is given to us by you; and
b. Data is collected automatically.
DATA THAT IS GIVEN TO US BY YOU
7. Pooch Bandana will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. When you contact us through the Website, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
d. When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
e. When you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
OUR USE OF DATA
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Improvement of our products / services;
b. Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
c. For market research purposes which may be used to customise or update the Website;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. We may use your Data to show you Pooch Bandana adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Pooch Bandana adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
14. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you or screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
15. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
d. We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights;
e. Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
KEEPING DATA SECURE
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. We store your Data on secure servers.
17. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
18. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit https://www.getsafeonline.org/
. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
20. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
21. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
22. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
23. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
24. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Additionally, you can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
30. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
31. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
33. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
34. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Pooch Bandana to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
Analytical/performance cookies – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
36. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
37. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
38. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
39. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
40. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org
. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
43. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
44. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Pooch Bandana by email at email@example.com
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Google Analytics – we use this cookie to help us analyse our web traffic and how users use the website. Google Analytics is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hotjar - We use this cookie to help us analyse how users interact with the website.
Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Google Remarketing – We use this cookie to serve personalised ads to users who have interacted with the website.
Facebook Pixel – we use this cookie to serve personalised ads to users who have interacted with the website.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook and Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: